Daughtry was barred by FINRA in March 2020 after refusing to provide testimony regarding an investigation.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that James Daughtry defrauded clients. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
James Daughtry (CRD#: 3272282) was barred from the financial industry by FINRA in March 2020 after his former employer, Kestra Investment Services, following an investigation into potentially fraudulent and unauthorized transactions made by Daughtry in customers’ accounts.
Daughtry is now being sued by former customers who are alleging that Daughtry and other co-conspirators forged signatures, opened fraudulent accounts, misappropriated client funds, and transferred retirement savings into fake entities. The lawsuit is also alleging that Daughtry breached his fiduciary duties.
The lawsuit also names Kestra Investment Services LLC, Equity Trust Company, Graysail Advisors LLC, Small World Capital LLC, David Smalls and Jarad Eakes as defendants in the lawsuit.
Daughtry has two disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
March 2020 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: Kestra Investment Services, LLC
- Termination Type: Discharged
- Allegations: “Daughtry violated FINRA Rules 8210 and 2010 and was bar[red] from associating with any FINRA member firm in any capacity.”
March 2020 Regulatory Judgment
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: “Without admitting or denying the findings, Daughtry consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that he refused to appear for on-the-record testimony requested by FINRA in connection with an investigation into potentially fraudulent and unauthorized transactions in customers’ accounts.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Bar
- Registration Capacities Affected: All
- Duration: Indefinite
- Start Date: 3/18/2020
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that James Daughtry defrauded clients. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.