The disputes are seeking a combined total of $200K.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Hugh Barndollar failed to conduct adequate due diligence for alternative investments. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Hugh Ordway Barndollar III (CRD#: 3027317) is currently employed with Crown Capital Securities, where he has been a broker since 2013. Previously, he was employed by Newport Coast Securities from 2008 until 2013. Newport Coast Securities has since been expelled by FINRA.
Barndollar has three disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
April 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: “The claimant alleges lack of suitability, breach of contract and lack of proper due diligence for two alternative investments purchased April 2018.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $100,100.00
- Broker Comment: “I feel the investments were suitable for my client because they matched her financial goals and needs at the time she invested. We presented multiple investments to the client and educated her on the pros and cons of all the investment options including lack of liquidity. The client chose the investments she felt matched her needs the best and we moved forward, accordingly. I also dispute the allegation that the client, at the time of the complaint, has suffered a loss in her portfolio. In addition, I acted only in a supervisory role with this client and I am not on the applications at all in a representative capacity so I should not have my name associated with this action.”
July 2019 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: “Claimant alleges negligence in the handling of ther account and the recommendation of financial investments; breach of fiduciary duty and negligent supervision by Crown Capital in allowing its brokers to conduct inadequate due diligence.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $100,000.00
May 2010 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: “Alleged unsuitability, alleged negligence, alleged fraud, alleged misrepresentation and alleged breach of fiduciary duty.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $124,800.00
- Settlement Amount: $47,500.00
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Hugh Barndollar failed to conduct adequate due diligence. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.