INVESTORS: Former Worden Capital Management broker Antonio Almeida was suspended for three months by FINRA following the failure to timely amend his Form U4 to disclose that he was charged with a felony.
Antonio Almeida (CRD: 3106626) was registered as a broker with Worden Capital Management from 2020 until 2021. Previously, Almeida was registered as a broker with Aegis Capital Corp. from 2014 until 2017.
Almeida has sixteen disclosures on his BrokerCheck report. Ten disclosures relate to personal judgments/liens against him. One customer dispute filed against Almeida was withdrawn.
April 2021 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: Time frame: December 2012 – November 2020. Claimant(s) allege unsuitable investment recommendations.
- Damage Amount Requested: $106,882.00
January 2021 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Almeida consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that he willfully failed to timely amend his Form U4 to disclose that he had been charged with a felony. The findings stated that while associated with his former member firm, Almeida was arrested and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree, which is a class D felony. He ultimately pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge, and the felony charge was dismissed. Although Almeida was aware that he had been charged with a felony, he did not amend his Form U4 to disclose that fact within 30 days, as he was required to do. Indeed, Almeida did not amend his Form U4 to disclose his felony charge at any point prior to resigning from his former firm. Almeida amended his Form U4 to disclose the felony charge when he became registered through another FINRA member firm.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Suspension
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities
- Duration: three months
- Start Date: 2/1/2021
- End Date: 4/30/2021
- Sanctions: The settlement includes a finding that Almeida willfully failed to disclose a material fact on a Form U4, and that under section 3(a)(39)(f) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Article III, Section 4 of the FINRA By-Laws, this omission make him subject to a statutory disqualification with respect to association with a member. In light of Almeida’s financial status, no monetary sanction has been imposed.
July 2020 Criminal Judgment
- Status: Final Disposition
- Charges: Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 3rd degree, a Class C Felony charge
- Disposition: Reduced
- Amended Charges: Criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree, a Class A Misdemeanor
- Amended Charge Type: Misdemeanor
- Disposition: Pled guilty
September 2017 Criminal Judgment
- Status: Final Disposition
- Charges: PL 220.06 SUB 05 – Criminal Possession
- Disposition: Dismissed
July 2015 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Claimant alleges churning, misrepresentation during the time period of March 2014 through June 2015
- Damage Amount Requested: $50,000.00
- Settlement Amount: $30,000.00
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Antonio Almeida. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.