GPB Capital Holdings, under investigation by both the Securities and Exchange Commission and the FBI, informed investors that audited financial statements would no longer be delivered by the end of September.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that GPB Capital is running a Ponzi-like scheme. If you or a family member experienced investment losses investing with GPB Capital, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
According to reporting from InvestmentNews, GPB Capital Holdings (GPB) sent a letter to its investors on September 10, 2019, informing them of the fact that audited financial statements would not be delivered by their stated date of September 30, 2019.
GPB blamed their inability to supply the documents on allegations of David Rosenberg, a former business associate of GPB, that GPB engaged in “serious financial misconduct.”
GPB Capital’s Managing Director Brian Weisenberger
Brian Weisenberger, GPB’s managing director of communications, stated that GPB Capital’s Audit Committee was engaged in defending against these accusations, and thus would be unable to provide the documents within the original timeframe.
In addition to the lawsuit brought by Mr. Rosenberg, GPB is also being investigated for misconduct by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and multiple state regulators.
Get Help From an Investor Losses Attorney Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating GPB Capital Holdings. We represent investors in claims against negligent broker and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now 866-827-3202 at complete our contact form.
- Amended Federal Complaint Against GPB Capital Alleges Exorbitant Fees and Conflicts of Interest Made Sales Illegal (5/18/2020)
- Triad Advisors Subject to Multiple Disputes Regarding Sales of GPB Funds (3/18/2020)
- Christopher Shaw, Formerly of Kalos Capital, Facing Customer Dispute Concerning Sale of GPB Capital Investments (3/4/2020)
- GPB Capital Holdings Sued by Volkswagen Based on Allegations that GPB Violated an Agreement Between the Parties (2/24/2020)
- GPB Capital Lawsuit News & Updates — Recover Your Investment Losses (2/18/2020)
- Brian Frank, Broker for Ascendant Alternative Strategies, Facing $250,000 Customer Dispute Over Alleged Unsuitability and Misrepresentation (2/13/2020)
- GPB Capital Announces Some Investors Will Not Receive Important Tax Documents by Tax Day (2/12/2020)
- Michael Sievert, Financial Advisor with Arkadios Capital, Named in Customer Disputes Regarding GPB Capital Holdings (2/11/2020)
- Federal Lawsuit Filed Against GPB Capital Holdings, Ascendant Capital, and the Brokerage Firms (2/5/2020)