Did You Suffer Investment Losses After Being Recommended the CYES Strategy? Learn More About Your Legal Rights
The Sonn Law Group is investigating claims related to the Collateral Yield Enhancement Strategy or CYES Strategy. If you suffered investment losses after your financial advisor or brokerage firm recommended this complex options trading strategy, we want to discuss your case. Contact us today for a free, confidential consultation.
The Collateral Yield Enhancement Strategy (CYES Strategy) was marketed at high net worth investors who were seeking a safe and secure way to obtain additional income.
A number of different prominent broker-dealers recommended this investment strategy to customers, including:
- Credit Suisse Securities (CRD#: 816);
- UBS Financial Services (CRD#: 8174); and
- Morgan Stanley (CRD#: 149777).
Unfortunately, the CYES strategy does not perform well in all market conditions. In times of high volatility — as we experienced in late 2018 and early 2019 — overlay options strategies may expose investors to major downside risks.
Brokerage Firms May Be Liable for Unsuitable Investment Recommendations
Some investors who suffered losses with the Collateral Yield Enhancement Strategy contend that their financial advisor or brokerage firm did not adequately explain the risks associated with this highly complex investment. The CYES Strategy is only appropriate for sophisticated investors who have a degree of risk tolerance.
If a financial advisor or brokerage firm made an unsuitable investment recommendation or made material omissions in promoting a complex, risky options trading strategy, they may potentially be liable for an investor’s losses.
Sonn Law Group has a great deal of experience in representing investors who have sustained losses due to the negligence or misconduct of their broker and/or brokerage firm, including cases involving complex options strategies. We will aggressively pursue claims to recover your Collateral Enhancement Strategy or other investment losses. If you are looking for an investment fraud attorney to review your rights and options, the lawyers at Sonn Law Group represent individual and institutional investors who have lost money as a result of unsuitable investment advice, negligent advice, investment fraud or stockbroker misconduct. Our attorneys have helped to recover more than $250 million in assets lost to investment fraud, securities fraud, Ponzi schemes, and stockbroker misconduct.
- Losses in MLP or Other Energy Investments, Including With Robert J. Donovan at UBS? (6/8/2020)
- Robert Perlman, Broker for UBS Financial, Named in Customer Dispute Related to UBS Yield Enhancement Strategy (YES) (5/22/2020)
- Have You Suffered Losses in UBS Yield Enhancement Strategy (YES)? (5/19/2020)
- Christopher Tolman, Broker for UBS Financial Services, Accused of Recommending Unsuitable Investments (1/30/2020)
- Merrill Lynch Ordered to Pay Former MLB Outfielder $2 Million by FINRA (1/27/2020)