Steven Knuttila (CRD#: 3039112) is a former registered FINRA broker and investment advisor. From 2012 to 2017, Mr. Knuttila was a representative of Capital Financial Services in Perham, MN. This broker has also been associated with Questar Capital Corporation (2006 to 2012) and USAllianz Securities (2005 to 2006).
On June 19th, 2018, Mr. Knuttila was barred by FINRA after he declined to provide on-the-record testimony when requested in relation to an investigation. This is a violation of securities industry regulations (FINRA Rule 8210). Since 2017, there have been nine investor complaints filed against former Capital Financial Services broker Steven Knuttila.
Investor Complaints: Steven Knuttila
- Allegations of unsuitable investment recommendations: Settled for $135,000
- Allegations of unsuitable alternative investment offerings: Settled for $875,000
- Unsuitable investments and negligent supervision related to a private placement offering: Settled for $250,000
- Unsuitable sale of an illiquid investment product: Complaint is still pending
- Unsuitable sale of variable annuities: Complaint is still pending
- Breach of fiduciary duty and negligent supervision: Complaint is still pending
- Breach of fiduciary duty and securities law violations: Complaint is still pending
- Breach of fiduciary duty and unsuitable investment advice: Complaint is still pending
- Violation of Minnesota securities law and common law fraud: Complaint is still pending
Contact Our Investment Fraud Team Today
At Sonn Law Group, we have nearly thirty years of experience advocating for the rights and interests of investors. If you were a victim of securities fraud, please contact our law office today for a free, fully private review of your claim.
Disclaimer: This article contains opinions and NOT statements of fact in any way whatsoever. The information here is general information that should not be taken as legal advice. NO attorney-client relationship is established between you and our attorneys by reading this article. This article is attorney advertising and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified securities lawyer.