Ryan N. Bowers (CRD#: 3237368) is a previously registered broker and investment advisor. Most recently, Mr. Bowers was a securities representative for WFG Investments in San Diego, California (2009-2013).
In July 2017, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) barred Ryan Bowers from the industry. Here, our investment fraud lawyers provide a brief overview of the SEC enforcement action against Mr. Bowers, as well as the pending investor complaints that are listed on his FINRA BrokerCheck report.
Disciplinary Action and Investor Complaints: Ryan N. Bowers
Federal securities regulators filed a disciplinary complaint against Ryan N. Bowers, his business partner Jeffery A. Laberge, and their investment company Enviso Capital, LLC (Administrative Proceeding File No. 3-18071). According to the SEC, from 2012 to 2014, Mr. Bowers materially misrepresented the value of his company, Enviso Capital, LLC, to actual and prospective investors. The value was overstated in several different ways, including:
- Making unreasonable growth projects for a renewable energy company owned by the investment fund;
- Dramatically overstating the value of multiple different loans held by the fund; and
- Misstating the actual progress being made in a renewable energy project.
For his misconduct, the SEC has barred him from the industry indefinitely. Mr. Bowers has a right to reapply for admission in two years. In addition, he was fined $50,000.
Pending Investor Complaints
Ryan N. Bowers also currently has three investor disputes that are pending against him. Specifically, FINRA lists the following three disputes as pending:
- In March 2016, an investor filed a claim seeking $275,000 for material omissions and unsuitable investment recommendations;
- In September 2016, an investor filed a claim seeking $2,000,000 for material omissions and unsuitable investment recommendations; and
- In July of 2017, an investor filed a claim seeking $555,000 for material omissions and unsuitable investment recommendations.
Contact a Broker Negligence Lawyers Today
At Sonn Law Group, we provide investors with effective, aggressive legal protection. If you lost a considerable amount of money as a result of broker-dealer fraud or negligence, please contact our legal team to set up a free, confidential review of your claim.
Disclaimer: This article contains opinions and NOT statements of fact in any way whatsoever. The information here is general information that should not be taken as legal advice. NO attorney-client relationship is established between you and our attorneys by reading this article. This article is attorney advertising and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified securities lawyer.