Kyusun (Kenny) Kim (CRD#: 2864085) is a previously registered FINRA broker. From 2016 to 2017, Mr. Kim was employed at Sandlapper Securities in San Diego, California. Previously, this broker was also associated with Independent Financial Group.
On June 26th, 2018, FINRA barred Kyusun Kim from the securities industry for making unsuitable investment recommendations to elderly investors. Mr. Kim consented to the sanctions, though he did not acknowledge or deny any wrongdoing.
Investor Complaints: Kyusun Kim
Since 2016, 15 different investors have filed complaints against Mr. Kim. In addition, several other investors filed complaints against this broker prior to 2016. Some of the most notable complaints that have been filed against this broker include:
- Negligence, negligent misrepresentation, and financial elder abuse: Settled for $1,345,000.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Settled for $115,000.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: Settled for $245,000.
- Breach of fiduciary duty and unsuitable investments: Still pending, investor is requesting $220,000 in compensation.
- Breach of contract and unsuitable investments: Still pending, investor is requesting $1,000,000 in damages.
- Unsuitable investments and securities law violations: Still pending, investor is seeking $350,000 in compensation.
- Breach of fiduciary duty and financial elder abuse: Still pending, investor is requesting $300,000 in financial relief.
- Unsuitable investments in connection with mutual funds and structured products: Still pending, investor is seeking $330,000 in damages.
Get Help From Our Investment Fraud Attorneys
At Sonn Law Group, we are proud to represent investors nationwide. If you were the victim of investment fraud, our law firm is ready to provide you with reliable guidance. Please contact our legal team today to schedule your free, no obligation initial consultation.
Disclaimer: This article contains opinions and NOT statements of fact in any way whatsoever. The information here is general information that should not be taken as legal advice. NO attorney-client relationship is established between you and our attorneys by reading this article. This article is attorney advertising and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice from a qualified securities lawyer.