William LeBoeuf is accused of using his personal email to solicit a family member to invest in a pooled real estate investment fund, in addition to other alleged offenses.
William LeBoeuf (CRD: 2464080) was registered as an investment advisor broker with Cetera Advisor Network in Beavercreek Ohio from March 2019 until December 2019. Previously,LeBoeuf was registered as a broker with Merrill Lynch in Miamisburg Ohio from 2009 to 2019 in July 2018.
William LeBoeuf has two disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
November 2021 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, LeBoeuf consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that he participated in private securities transactions without providing prior written notice to, and receiving written approval from, his member firms. The findings stated that LeBoeuf used his personal email to solicit his firm client, a family member, to invest in a pooled real estate investment fund. In addition, LeBoeuf solicited investors, including firm clients, to invest in a convertible promissory note issued by a software company and sent emails introducing the investment and recommending investment amounts to his investors. LeBoeuf also formed a limited liability company to facilitate investments in the software company and ensured the investors’ funds were wired to the company. Three firm clients invested a total of $750,000 in the software company’s convertible promissory notes. LeBoeuf did not receive selling compensation from any of the investments in the real estate fund or software company. In addition, LeBoeuf falsely attested on annual compliance questionnaires that he had not used a personal device to communicate with clients using software not available from the firm. The findings also stated that LeBoeuf engaged in an outside business activity (OBA) without providing prior written notice to the firm. While associated with the firm, LeBoeuf filed articles of incorporation for a limited liability company with the Ohio Secretary of State. LeBoeuf was the authorized signor for the company’s bank account and was identified in the company’s operating agreement as the member, sole manager, and partnership representative for tax purposes. The findings also included that, in the course of soliciting potential investors in the software company, LeBoeuf’s communications did not provide potential investors with the required sound basis to evaluate all of the relevant facts with respect to the potential investment. LeBoeuf emailed a company presentation to investors, including several firm customers, that did not adequately address the illiquidity of the proposed investment or the possibility of investment loss. Further, the presentation failed to identify the assumptions, limitations, impediments, and restrictions that could inhibit the achievement of a yearly revenue forecast.
- Resolutation: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Civil and Administrative Penalty(ies)/Fine(s)
- Amount: $12,500.00
- Sanctions: Suspension
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities Affected
- Duration: 12 Months
- Start Date: 12/6/2021
- End Date: 12/5/2022
November 2019 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: CETERA ADVISOR NETWORKS
- Termination Type: Discharged
- Allegations:Registered representative violated firm policies by participating in private securities transactions without prior firm approval.
Investment Losses? Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating the allegations put forth by FINRA regarding investment advisor William LeBoeuf. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form below.