The customers are seeking $750K in damages based on unsuitability and misrepresentation.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Robert Perlman recommended unsuitable investments. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Robert Perlman (CRD#: 1892131) is currently a broker at UBS Financial Services, where he has been employed since 2015. Previously, he was employed with Credit Suisse Securities from 2008 until 2015.
Perlman has three total disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
May 2019 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: “Time frame: October 2017 – present Claimant’s counsel alleges unsuitability and misrepresentation with respect to recommendations to invest in and hold an options overlay strategy.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $750,000.00
- Broker Comment: “Prior to entering the strategy, the client was informed as to the mechanics of the strategy as well as the potential risks involved. I continuously updated the client on the strategy on a monthly basis, including meetings and calls with the strategy team in January and March of 2019. In October of 2018, the client became increasingly concerned over the strategies performance and after discussions with me, we agreed to scale out of the strategy over the next year. On November 19th, the client signed an LOA to lower their mandate and again in April 16th, the second mandate decrease was submitted to lower the total mandate. The client was now at the limit where to lower the mandate would result in exiting the strategy in its entirety. At that point, we agreed to exit the strategy in the coming months. On May 6th, per the client’s request, the strategy was liquidated and she officially exited the strategy.”
July 2013 Customer Dispute
- Status: Closed-No Action
- Allegations: “Client alleges unauthorized trading, failure to follow instructions, and poor performance.
- Damage Amount Requested: $190,000.00
May 2002 Customer Dispute
- Status: Denied
- Allegations: “Complainant alleged that his investment representative offered unsuitable investment advice and misrepresented the value of his account. Alleged damages are unspecified but believed to exceed minimum filing requirements.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Robert Perlman recommended unsuitable investments. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.