Inouye was reportedly charged with felony rape of a spouse.
Paul Inouye (CRD: 1944879) was previously registered as a broker with Union Square Advisors from 2015 until 2020. Previously, the broker was registered with Moelis & Company from 2012 until 2015.
Inouye has two disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
April 2021 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Inouye consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that he willfully failed to timely amend his Form U4 to disclose two felony charges and willfully failed to amend his Form U4 to disclose his nolo contendere plea to a felony. The findings stated that a criminal complaint was filed in the County of San Mateo, California Superior Court, charging Inouye with felony rape of spouse unconscious by intoxication and anesthetic substance. Inouye was aware of the felony charge because he appeared in court and entered a not guilty plea. At the time the felony charge was filed, Inouye was required to amend his Form U4 within 30 days to disclose the charge but failed to do so. In addition, an amended information was filed charging Inouye with felony false imprisonment by violence. Inouye was aware of the second felony charge because he appeared in court and entered a plea of nolo contendere. As part of the plea, the first felony charge was dismissed. At the time Inouye entered the nolo contendere plea, he was aware of the plea and was required to amend his Form U4 within ten days to disclose the plea but failed to do so.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Civil and Administrative Penalty(ies)/Fine(s)
- Amount: $5,000.00
- Sanctions: Suspension
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities
- Duration: Six months
- Start Date: 4/19/2021
- End Date: 10/18/2021
- Sanctions: The settlement includes a finding that Inouye willfully failed to disclose a material fact on a Form U4, and that under section 3(a)(39)(f) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Article III, Section 4 of the FINRA By-Laws, this omission makes him subject to statutory disqualification with respect to association with a member.
April 2019 Criminal Judgment
- Status: Final Disposition
- Charges: PC261(a)(3) – FEL-Rape of Spouse Unconscious by Intoxication and Antesthetic Substance Statute 261(a)(3)
- Disposition: Held to answer
- Broker Comment: Employee first notified Firm 1/29/2020
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Paul Inouye. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.