Antevy is accused of misleading an investor into investing in low-rated junk bonds.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Paul Antevy sold junk bonds. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Paul Antevy (CRD#: 2713105) is a broker with FMSBonds, where he has been employed since 2003. Previously, Antevy was registered as a broker and investment adviser with UBS Painewebber Inc.
Antevy has four disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
June 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: Claim alleges that the broker ‘mislead and enticed’ customer into investing in low rated junk bonds.
- Damage Amount Requested: $500,000.00
- Broker Comment: The firm has read the complaint and denies all the allegations contained therein. The firm will seek to vigorously defend itself against all claims made by this customer.
- June 2016 Customer Dispute
- Status: Final
- Allegations: Claimant claims that they have realized losses of approximately $150,000 from the recommendations of unsuitable municipal and corporate bonds.
- Damage Amount Requested: $150,000.00
- Settlement Amount: $50,000.00
- Broker Comment: The firm has reviewed the claim and denies the allegations made by the claimant and will seek to defend itself from all claims. Although we continue to deny all of the allegations made by claimants and have asserted affirmative defenses in this controversy, in an effort to avoid the needless legal expenses of a full hearing, FMS decided to settle this claim for nuisance value. In addition, claimants have withdrawn all claims against the firm and its representatives, with prejudice.
May 2002 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Claimants allege that their broker forged their signatures on account agreements and engaged in unsuitable excessive and unauthorized trading of stocks.
- Damage Amount Requested: $93,000.00
- Settlement Amount: $98,000.00
March 2002 Customer Dispute
- Status: Denied
- Allegations: Client alleges that Mr. Antevy did not provide adequate risk disclosures for several municipal bonds purchased in 1998 and 1999. No specific damages are alleged but the client’s unrealized losses exceed $5,000.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Paul Antevy sold junk bonds. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.