Monshi was previously named in two customer disputes that were settled.
Mazair Monshi (CRD: 2629721) is registered as a broker and investment adviser with IFP Securities, where he has been registered since May 2019. Previously, Monshi was registered as a broker and investment adviser with LPL Financial from May 2016 until May 2019.
Monshi has three disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
September 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: Claimants allege that Maziar Monshi, while associated with LPL from 2006 through 2015 and with AFS from 2015 through 2016 recommended unsuitable investments in a number of REITs and BDCs, as well as other high-commission illiquid investment recommendations.
- Damage Amount Requested: $3,900,000.00
September 2008 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Clients claimed that a trade error had occurred in their account. In December 2005 the clients requested the purchase of $300,000.00 in insured municipal bonds. A trade was executed by Maziar Monshi on 12/28/05 for 300 Phoenix AZ Individual Development Authority MultiFamily revenue bonds valued at $299,965.00. The bonds were not insured.
- Settlement Amount: $39,151.00
- Broker Comment: This was originally received in as a verbal complaint. RJFS has the matter for $39,151.00.
July 2003 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Client alleges that the interest rate payable on her fixed annuity, purchased on 10/31/01 was misrepresented with regard to the interest rate associated with her investment.
- Damage Amount Requested: $7,500.00
- Settlement Amount: $5,796.76
- Broker Comment: As a result of confusion surrounding the renewal rate, client was offered the opportunity to surrender her policy, and be reimbursed for surrender charges. Offer was accepted by client.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Mazair Monshi. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.