The client is seeking over $150k in damages for Kirwan’s alleged misconduct.
Kyle Jensen Kirwan (CRD#: 5088691) is registered as a broker and investment adviser with Kalos Capital, where he has been employed since 2015. Kirwan was previously registered as a broker and investment adviser with First Heartland Consultants from 2013 until 2015.
Kirwan has two disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
April 2021 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: Breach of fiduciary duty, over concentration in high risk securities.
- Damage Amount Requested: $152,508.00
April 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Client claims that investments were unsuitable and Firm did not conduct its proper due diligence prior to recommending securities.
- Damage Amount Requested: $1,343,779.00
- Settlement Amount: $54,037.00
- Broker Comment: This claim includes multiple claimants and registered representatives and was settled for a total amount of $54037 with the individual client receiving approximately $54037 as a part of a global settlement agreement and not the total Settlement Amount of $1,343,779.00 indicated above. The claim was solicited via the internet by a law firm claiming they were investigating fraud by an issuer. Kalos and I deny any and all wrongdoing and I would have preferred to vigorously defend our actions in a fair venue. As confident as I am that I would be exonerated of any wrongdoing, Kalos determined as a business judgment that it was in the firm’s best interests to resolve the dispute rather than incur the time, business disruption, and legal expenses associated with a protracted arbitration proceeding. While this deprives me of due process, I understand the claim has nuisance value for settlement from a business standpoint for Kalos.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Kyle Jensen Kirwan. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.