Sonville is accused of recommending an unsuitable investment in July of 2015.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Jorge Sonville recommended unsuitable investments. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Jorge Sonville (CRD#: 2558540) is registered as a broker and investment adviser with Merrill Lynch, where he has been employed since 1995. Sonville has no other employment history.
Sonville has two disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
September 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: The customer alleges an unsuitable investment recommendation in July 2015.
- Damage Amount Requested: $4,000,000.00
November 1998 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Customer alleges to place an order to sell entire position of ML Americas income fund and reinvest proceeds in ML corporate bond investment grade fund and the others were not placed. Alleged damages were $10,479.38. This occurred at Merrill Lynch.
- Damage Amount Requested: $10,479.38
- Settlement Amount: $6,000.00
- Broker Comment: The client’s acceptance of the negotiated compensation concluded that this matter is resolved. Mr. Sonville denies receiving an order from customer. The customer did not raise the claim in a timely manner. The firm agreed to settle this matter for approximately $6,000 purely as a business decision. The customer accepted this offer and is now seeking additional compensation.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Jorge Sonville recommended unsuitable investments. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.