The client is seeking $950K in damages for Garza-Clark’s alleged misconduct.
Janie Garza-Clark (CRD#: 1010752) was registered as a broker with TCFG Wealth Management from 2017 until 2020. Previously, Garza-Clark was registered as a broker with SagePoint Financial from October 2016 until July 2017.
Garza-Clark has five disclosures on her BrokerCheck report, one customer dispute filed against Garza-Clark was denied.
June 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: FINRA claim alleging sale by former registered representative of an unsuitable investment resulting in loss of $950,000. Causes of action are: Unsuitability; Fraud; Breach of Contract; Breach of Fiduciary Duty; Negligent Supervision, Violation of Arizona Consumer Fraud Act; Violation of Arizona Securities Act. It seeks unspecified actual and punitive damages, interest, costs and attorneys’ fees.
- Damage Amount Requested: $950,000.00
- May 2020 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: TCFG Wealth Management, LLC
- Termination Type: Permitted to Resign
- Allegations: After a full internal investigation it was identified that the Registered Representatives husband was the trustee of a client’s account established at her previous employment. The Representative accepted personal checks from a client and did not report it on her gift log per company policy.
December 2015 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: Hornor, Townsend & Kent, Inc.
- Termination Type: Discharged
- Allegations: The RR was terminated for failure to comply with the policies of the Firm and its parent insurance company, regarding: (1) accepting blank or incomplete forms and reusing client signatures on multiple forms; (2) handling and timely submission of applications, and prompt transmittal of checks and securities; (3) advertising and sales literature policies, including failing to submit advertising for approval; and (4) social media policies, including not submitting a LinkedIn account for monitoring.
October 2015 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Client alleges that nothing was explained regarding the transfer penalty and the nine year surrender charge. The client has requested to “free look” the contract.
- Damage Amount Requested: $290,549.00
- Settlement Amount: $290,549.00
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Janie Garza-Clark. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.