FINRA was attempting to investigate the allegations leading to Couture’s termination.
James Kenneth Couture (CRD#: 4406284) was registered as a broker with LPL Financial from 2009 until 2020. Previously, Couture was registered as a broker with Lincoln Financial Securities Corp. from 2006 until 2009.
Couture has three disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
October 2020 Regulatory Judgment
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Couture consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that he refused to produce all of the information and documents requested by FINRA in connection with its investigation into the allegations that formed the basis of his termination from his member firm. The findings stated that Couture’s firm submitted a Form U5 terminating his registration and alleging that he altered identifying information, account balances and distributions in customer account statements; maintained commingled customer funds; and used an unapproved email address. Initially FINRA received a response to its requests from Couture, however his production was substantially incomplete. Subsequently, Couture decided to cease complying with FINRA’s requests.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Bar
- Registration Capacities Affected: All
- Duration: Indefinite
- Start Date: 10/21/2020
October 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: Misrepresentation. Activity period: 4/21/20 to 10/20/20.
June 2020 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: LPL Financial LLC
- Termination Type: Discharged
- Allegations: Altered identifying information, account balances and distributions in customer account statement; maintained commingled customer funds; use of an unapproved email address
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding James Kenneth Couture. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.