Chu was barred by FINRA in 2019 for failing to respond to a request for information.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Felix Chu recommended unsuitable investments. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Felix Chu (CRD#: 2427593) was formerly registered as a broker with NYLife Securities from 1994 until 2019. In December 2019, Chu was barred from association with any FINRA member firm in all capacities after failing to respond to a FINRA request for information.
Chu has three other disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
August 2020 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: Claimants allege that beginning in or around September 2016 until May 2018, they were misled into purchasing promissory notes and/or entering into Joint Ventures for a total of $1,215,000 and that the principal and interest due were not fully paid. Claimants seek rescission, compensatory damages, interest, punitive damages, costs and attorneys’ fees.
October 2019 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: Plaintiff alleges that beginning in March 2016 until September 2018, she and her late husband were misled into purchasing promissory notes for a total of $305,000.00. Plaintiff further alleges that they were misled into remitting a check for $75,000 to purchase what they believed to be additional insurance. Plaintiffs are seeking compensatory damages in excess of $380,000, lost income, interest, punitive damages and attorneys’ fees.
- Damage Amount Requested: $380,000.00
- Settlement Amount: $125,000.00
August 2019 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: Plaintiffs allege that beginning in 2015, they were misled into purchasing promissory notes. Plaintiffs are seeking the return of principal, interest, punitive damages and attorneys’ fees.
- Damage Amount Requested: $836,950.00
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Felix Chu recommended unsuitable investments. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.