The client sought over $69M in damages based on the misconduct.
Evan Schottenstein (CRD#: 4929175) was registered as a broker with JP Morgan from 2014 until 2019. Previously, Schottenstein was registered as a broker with Morgan Stanley from 2009 until 2014.
Schottenstein has five disclosures on his BrokerCheck report. Two customer disputes filed against him were denied and one was withdrawn.
July 2019 Customer Dispute
- Status: Award / Judgment
- Allegations: Schottenstein was named in a customer complaint that asserted the following causes of action: constructive fraud/abuse of fiduciary duty; fraudulent misrepresentations and omissions; and violation of Chapter 415, Fla. Statutes. The causes of action relate to the allegedly unauthorized purchase and/or sale of various securities in Claimants’ account, including, but not limited to, multiple auto-callable structured notes and various other securities for which Respondent J.P. Morgan Securities, LLC was a market maker, as well as initial public offerings (IPOs) and follow-on offerings (FPOs).
- Damage Amount Requested: $69,185,860.00
June 2019 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: J.P. Morgan Securities, LLC
- Termination Type: Discharged
- Allegations: Concerns relating to trading activity for the account of a family member, and the accuracy of the records regarding the same.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Evan Schottenstein. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.