Brooks was formerly accused by a customer of recommending investments in a Ponzi scheme.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Dee Dee Brooks committed misconduct. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Dee Dee Brooks (CRD#:2559233) was a broker with Signator Investors in Huntington Beach, California from July 2015 until June 2018. She was recently barred by FINRA from associating with any FINRA member firm incapacity. Brooks has been in the financial industry since February 1995.
Brooks has three total disclosures on her BrokerCheck report.
June 2020 Regulatory Judgment
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: “Without admitting or denying the findings, Brooks consented to the sanction and to the entry of findings that she engaged in private securities transactions without providing prior notice to or obtaining approval from her member. The findings stated that Brooks solicited investors to purchase more than $1.77 million in securities in a purported real estate investment fund and in a company representing itself as a structured cash flow investment company. Brooks, through an entity that she worked with as an outside business, solicited investors, over half of whom where customers of her firm, to invest $906,497 in the fund’s promissory notes. Later, the fund filed a voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition. The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida issued final judgments against, among others, the fund and its former owner. Those judgments required the fund and its owner to, among other things, disgorge their ill-gotten gains and pay a civil penalty. In addition, Brooks sold $866,895 in company purchase agreements to investors, most of whom were firm customers. Later, the investment company ceased business, owing nearly $300 million in unpaid investor payments. In a subsequent indictment, the U.S. charged the investment company and its owner with conspiracy to engage in mail and wire fraud related to the investment company’s operations.”
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Bar
- Registration Capacities Affected: All capacities
- Duration: Indefinite
- Start Date: 6/9/2020
July 2018 Customer Dispute
- Status: Settled
- Allegations: “Statement of claim alleges that the representative recommended that the complainant invest her IRA monies in a fraudulent Ponzi scheme.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $118,000.00
- Settlement Amount: $75,000.00
June 2018 Employment Separation After Allegations
- Firm Name: Signator Investors, Inc.
- Termination Type: Voluntary Resignation
- Allegations: The Firm was investigating the representative to determine her level of involvement in the sale of unregistered securities.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Dee Dee Brooks committed misconduct. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.