Oglesby was named in a customer dispute seeking $100,000 alleging various forms of misconduct.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Darren Oglesby made unsuitable recommendations. If you or a family member has suffered losses investing, we want to discuss your case. Please contact us today for a free review of your case.
Darren Oglesby (CRD#: 2480135) has been registered with Money Concepts Capital Corp., in Monroe, Louisiana since 1995. He currently has a customer dispute pending against him, as well as three other disclosures on his BrokerCheck report.
August 2019 Customer Dispute
- Status: Pending
- Allegations: “Clients are alleging the investment was an unsuitable product, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $100,000.00
December 2013 Customer Dispute
- Status: Closed – No Action
- Allegations: “SEC received and forwarded customer complaint alleging RR did not explain annuities or disclose fees associated with these products.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $40,000.00
- Broker Comment: “Our office worked with the client from late 2007 until the early fall of 2011 helping them employ and rigorously manage a diverse, customer-tailored wealth management strategy. Through multiple review meetings, hosted events, phone calls and referrals of their friends to our firm, the client never expressed any complaints about the progress of the strategies they employed, or their investments until we asked them to find another firm to work with. The disclosure forms signed by the client are in contrast to the allegations made. . . .”
October 2005 Customer Dispute
- Status: Closed – No Action
- Allegations: “Client is alleging misrepresentation regarding the fees of the surrender period of the variable annuity.”
- Damage Amount Requested: $5,000.00
- Broker Comment: “The complaint does not specify amount of his decreased value however, the firm has made a good faith estimate that the loss may be in excess of $5,000. To date [customer] still has his investment portfolio under the management of Darren Oglesby.”
January 1992 Criminal Disposition
- Charges: Misdemeanor for issuing worthless checks in Ouachita Parish in the amount of $74.50 plus a fine of $50.00
- Disposition: Final
- Broker Comment: “While in college, I had three checking accounts. Two of those accounts had checks that looked alike and were the same color. I wrote two checks totalling $74.50, by accident, on a closed account that were not taken care of. Previously, I had written several checks from this same account before I realized that I was doing. I tracked down what I thought was each check and paid them. I missed the two checks in question, and two years later, they appeared at the courthouse.”
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations that Darren Oglesby made unsuitable recommendations. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.