Montie is suspended from the securities industry for a period of three months.
Candice Montie (CRD#: 4726799) is registered as a broker with Moloney Securities, where she has been employed since 2013. Previously, Montie was registered as a broker with IFS Securities from May 2013 until December 2013.
Montie has one disclosure on her BrokerCheck report.
March 2021 Regulatory Judgment
- Status: Final
- Initiated By: FINRA
- Allegations: Without admitting or denying the findings, Montie consented to the sanctions and to the entry of findings that she participated in private securities transactions without providing prior written notice to or obtaining prior approval from her member firm. The findings stated that Montie participated in sales of bonds issued by a company to individuals that invested a total of $150,000. The individuals purchased the bonds through another firm with which Monti was not registered or associated. Montie participated in these sales through the other firm by assisting the investors with completing the paperwork required to purchase the bonds, including a company subscription agreement and a new account application. Montie also participated in these sales by obtaining the customers’ signatures on these and other documents, copies of their drivers’ licenses, and a check from each customer to fund the bond purchase. Montie also participated in the sales of the bonds by scanning and transmitting the required paperwork to the other firm and/or the company directly to complete the customers’ purchases. Montie did not receive any commissions or other payments for her role in these transactions.
- Resolution: Acceptance, Waiver & Consent (AWC)
- Sanctions: Civil and Administrative Penalty(ies)/Fine(s)
- Amount: $5,000.00
- Sanctions: Suspension
- Registration Capacities Affected: All Capacities
- Duration: Three months
- Start Date: 4/19/2021
- End Date: 7/18/2021
- Broker Comment: The best interests of my customers have always been my priority. No customer complaints were involved. Another representative requested assistance with paperwork as a convenience for his customers between April and June 2018.
Contact Us Today
The Sonn Law Group is currently investigating allegations surrounding Candice Montie. We represent investors in claims against negligent brokers and brokerage firms. If you or your loved one experienced investment losses, we are here to help. For a free consultation, please call us now at 866-827-3202 or complete our contact form.