Alan Appelbaum was named in a dispute seeking $1.8 million in damages for alleged unsuitable investment recommendations.
The Sonn Law Group is investigating allegations that Alan Appelbaum made unsuitable recommendations. Under FINRA Rules, brokerage firms are liable for their brokers’ misconduct or negligence and investors may be able to their investment through FINRA arbitration. Contact Sonn Law Group today or call us at 866–827–3202 for a free consultation.
Alan Appelbaum (CRD#: 500336) is currently involved in several customer disputes, many of which are based on allegations that he made unsuitable investment recommendations. Appelbaum has 12 disclosures over his 43-year career.
- September 2019 — “July 2015 to present. Claimant alleges unsuitability and unauthorized transactions.” The matter is still pending.
- November 2018 — “Time frame: July 2015 to August 2018. Unsuitable investment recommendations.” The claimant is seeking $1.8 million. The matter is still pending.
- December 2015— Allegations include failure to recognize claimants change in circumstances and desire to pursue a low risk conservative strategy, unsuitable trading in proprietary investments and structured products between the years of 2012 and 2014. The matter was settled for $20,000.
- August 2015 —Client alleged unsuitable product and churning. The claimant is seeking $200,000. The matter is pending.
- August 2014— Client alleged breach of fiduciary duty, a failure to supervise, negligence, fraud, breach of contract and violation of NASD and FINRA rules. The matter was settled for $25,000.
Jeffrey R. Sonn is an experienced investor losses attorney. If you suffered losses because a financial professional committed acts in violation of FINRA Rules, Mr. Sonn will protect your rights and interests. Please do not hesitate to contact the Sonn Law Group today for a free review of your claim.